Child Protection Policy
Oxford Figure Ice Skating Club (OFISC) is committed to creating an enjoyable and safe environment for all young people who take part in the sport and social activities of the club
We will do this by:-
- Recognising without question that all young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat or abuse.
- Ensuring that all officers of the club and volunteer helpers are aware of our child protection policy and accept responsibility for their part in helping to prevent the abuse of young people taking part in club activities.
- Regularly reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection Policy and considering opportunities for improvement.
- Acknowledging that young people have the right to be treated with respect and for their concerns to be listened to and acted upon.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse and provide parents and young people with the opportunity to voice any concerns that they may have in confidence.
- Appointing a member of the OFISC committee to have specific responsibility for child protection issues and to act as the first point of contact for parents, young people and outside agencies.
For any enquiries regarding this policy, please contact us using the form here
For NISA Guidance please follow this link NISA Safeguarding